The Hoboken Public Library offers free passes to several area museums including, American Museum of Natural History, Children’s Museum of Manhattan, Cooper-Hewitt Museum, Intrepid Museum, Frick, Museum of the City of NY, and the New York Historical Society!
Passes may be borrowed by Permanent Hoboken Resident Adult Hoboken Public Library card holders in good standing; card member must be present when pass is borrowed. One museum pass per patron.
Museum passes are issued for a 48-hour period and should be returned in-person to the first floor circulation department.
Each museum offers different admission guidelines. Please check the museum websites for hours and directions.
Museum Passes are sponsored by the Friends of the Hoboken Public Library.
General Guidelines and Information
Location: One Intrepid Square, 12th Ave. & 46th St., NYC
- Free yearly general admission for up to six (6) people per day to the Intrepid Museum and the submarine Growler
- Express Members-only line
- 10% discount on Family Memberships for library patrons
- All guests under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult for entry into the Museum. No Exceptions. Guests under the age of 16 unaccompanied by an adult will not be permitted to enter the Museum.
Spring/Summer Hours (April 1 - October 31)
Monday - Friday 10:00 am - 5:00pm
Saturday, Sunday & Holidays 10:00 am - 6:00pm
Fall/Winter Hours (November 1 - March 31) Daily (including Holidays) 10:00 am - 5:00pm
American Museum of Natural History (www.amnh.org)
Central Park West at 79th Street
New York, NY 10024-5192
Open daily from 10 am - 5:45 pm
except on Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Two vouchers per family per year
Brooklyn Botanic Garden (www.bbg.org)
1000 Washington Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11225
8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday:
10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Includes admission for 2 adults and all children under the age of 16.
Children’s Museum of Manhattan (www.cmom.org)
212 W 83rd St, New York, NY 10024
Tuesday – Friday 10am – 5pm
Extended hours on Saturday 10am – 7pm
Sunday 10am – 5pm
Provides free admission for 4 guests (2 adults + 2 children, or 1 adult + 3 children) PLUS the local dining & entertainment discounts offered under CMOM Family Membership:
Discounts at local family restaurants
Discounts at number of family entertainment venues, including:
2-for-1 Admission at Victorian Gardens Amusement Park (Monday - Friday)
10% Discount at A Time for Children
10% Discount at New Victory Theater1
25% Discount at Make Meaning Pottery for a Make day pass
25% Discount at Little Orchestra Society – please call 212-971-9500
$2 Discount off adult admission for a guided tour of the Lincoln Center
Cooper-Hewitt Museum (cooperhewitt.org)
2 E. 91st St, New York, NY 10024
Weekdays and Sundays, 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Saturdays, 10:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
The museum is closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day.
Includes admission for 2 adults and children under 18
10% discount at the Café & SHOP CooperHewitt
Discounted program tickets
Free access to Cocktails at Cooper Hewitt
The Frick Collection
1 East 70th Street (between Fifth and Madison Avenues)
New York, NY 10021
Tuesday through Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sundays: 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
1071 Fifth Ave., New York, NY
- Free admission for an additional three adults plus half-price tickets for other guests at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York
- Discounted tickets for all museum programs, including artists’ talks, Works & Process, and live events.
- 10% savings at the Guggenheim Store and restaurants.
Sun 10 am–5:45 pm
Mon 10 am–5:45 pm
Tue 10 am–5:45 pm
Wed 10 am–5:45 pm
Fri 10 am–5:45 pm
Sat 10 am–7:45 pm
Museum of the City of NY
1220 Fifth Ave
- A membership card offering free unlimited admission for two adults and up to four children.
- Invitations to special members-only events, including Members Appreciation Night.
- Discounts on Public Programs, including lectures, performances, and walking tours.
- Free admission to Weekend Family Programs, a series featuring live performances of music, theater, and dance, as well as hands-on art activities.
- 20% discount in the Museum Shop and 10% discount in Chalsty's Cafe.
New York Historical Society (www.nyhistory.org)
170 Central Park West at Richard Gilder Way (77th Street)
New York, NY 10024
Phone (212) 873-3400
Tuesday-Thursday, Saturday - 10am-6pm
Friday - 10am-8pm
Sunday - 11am-5pm
Monday - CLOSED
- Free admission for one to the New-York Historical Society Museum & Library and DiMenna Children’s History Museum
- Purchase up to four tickets at the member rate per public program
- 10 percent discount at the Museum Store and Caffè Storico