The Gale Virtual Reference Library is available 24/7 to Hoboken library card holders from home or access it here at the library. You can connect to a variety of reference ebooks covering science topics and more!
From within the Library or From Home, click here.
Hoboken Library Patrons have some of our Salem Press print books online including:
Earth Science: Earth's Surface and History http://science.salempress.com
APS Public Access Program for Physics Periodicals
APS Journals Homepage: http://publish.aps.org/
Physical Review Letters (PRL) (brief important papers, all topics in physics): http://prl.aps.org/
Physical Review A (atomic, molecular, and optical physics): http://pra.aps.org/
Physical Review B (condensed matter and materials physics): http://prb.aps.org/
Physical Review C (nuclear physics): http://prc.aps.org/
Physical Review D (particles, fields, gravitation and cosmology): http://prd.aps.org/
Physical Review E (statistical, nonlinear, and soft matter physics): http://pre.aps.org/
Reviews of Modern Physics (in-depth articles, all topics in physics): http://rmp.aps.org/
Physical Review Special Topics - Accelerators and Beams: http://prst-ab.aps.org/
Physical Review Special Topics - Physics Education Research: http://prst-per.aps.org/
PROLA, the Physical Review Online Archive (archive of APS journals back to 1893): http://prola.aps.org/
"Access provided through the APS Public Access Program and Hoboken Public Library."
BCCLS/ New Jersey State Library Resources
These resources include GreenFILE and Health Source – Nursing/Academic Edition.
Britannica Library provides three levels (children, teens, and the reference center) to research, complete school assignments, work on special projects, or explore unique interests.
• 3 comprehensive encyclopedias including the Encyclopædia Britannica
• Thousands of magazine and journal articles
• Merriam-Webster Dictionary in English/Spanish, plus audio pronunciations
• 90,000 images, videos, and audio clips
• Subject Browse and Biography Browse
• 129,000 of the Web’s Best Sites related to search topics
• World Atlas and Compare Countries
• How-To documents for book reviews, presentations, research papers, and science reports
• Read-Aloud feature ideal for struggling readers and ELLs
Inside the Library Click here to access without a card for
Children...... Young Adults .....Reference Center
Outside of the Library Login with Your Library Card
Children.......Young Adults......Reference Center