The Gale Virtual Reference Library is available 24/7 to Hoboken library card holders from home or access it here at the library. You can connect to a variety of reference ebooks covering topics from Science, Medicine, Finance, Literature, Religion, U.S. History, and more!
From within the Library or From Home, click here.
Britannica Library provides three levels (children, teens, and the reference center) to research, complete school assignments, work on special projects, or explore unique interests.
• 3 comprehensive encyclopedias including the Encyclopædia Britannica
• Thousands of magazine and journal articles
• Merriam-Webster Dictionary in English/Spanish, plus audio pronunciations
• 90,000 images, videos, and audio clips
• Subject Browse and Biography Browse
• 129,000 of the Web’s Best Sites related to search topics
• World Atlas and Compare Countries
• How-To documents for book reviews, presentations, research papers, and science reports
• Read-Aloud feature ideal for struggling readers and ELLs
Inside the Library Click here to access without a card for
Children...... Young Adults .....Reference Center
Outside of the Library Login with Your Library Card
Children.......Young Adults......Reference Center
Connect to a database of full text articles on business, health and general reference, and literary criticism topics. Includes Custom Newspapers with the Star-Ledger, New York Times, and Bergen Record. Log in to the BCCLS Esources and you can access Infotrac, Proquest, and EbscoHost.
Magazines and newspapers in full text. Log in to the BCCLS Esources and you can access Infotrac, Proquest, and EbscoHost..
Search magazine articles through a number of different databases. Log in to the BCCLS Esources and you can access Infotrac, Proquest, and EbscoHost.
Find perspectives on the arts, education, literature, community issues and events from a variety of news media including newspapers, blogs, periodicals, videos and web-only content including the Hudson Reporter Publications, Jersey Journal, Star-Ledger and USA Today.