- Patrons need to present their library card to check out materials. (Please Note: The card should belong to the person presenting it.)
- Multimedia materials need to be checked out no later than 15 minutes before closing.
Circulation Periods and Item Maximums
The following item circulates for 1 week;
- DVD’s/ maximum 5
(Please note, patrons with Juvenile cards may only borrow DVDs designated Children’s and those rated PG)
The following items circulate for 2 weeks;
- Audiobooks/ maximum 10
- Playaways/ maximum 5
- CD’s/ maximum 10
- Games &CD-ROM’s/ maximum 3
- Magazines/ maximum 5 per title per publication year
- Best sellers *
- New books *
The following items circulate for 4 weeks;
- Children’s books (There may be some subject limits based on demand) *
- Read-alongs/ maximum 5
- Young Adult Books *
- Adult books (other than bestsellers and new books) *
* Please note: There is a general item limit of 50 items charged out to a patron’s account at one time.
Please note: Library materials are borrowed free of charge, however, items not returned by the due date will be assessed a late fee. Late fees are not charged for days the library is closed. Patrons owing $10.00 or more are automatically blocked and will be unable to check out or renew items until fines are paid.
- Hardcover books: .10 cents a day ($5.00 maximum fine)
- Paperback books: .10 cents a day ($5.00 maximum fine)
- Audiobooks/Playaways/Read-a-longs: .10 cents a day ($5.00 maximum fine)
- Audiobooks/Playaways placed in bookdrop: $1.00 per title
- CD’s: .25 cents a day ($5.00 maximum fine)
- CD’s returned in the bookdrop: $1.00 per title.
- Games/CD-ROM’s: $1.00 per day ($10.00 maximum fine)
- Games/CD-ROM’s returned in bookdrop: $5.00 per title.
- DVD’s: $1.00 per day ($20.00 maximum fine)
- DVD’s returned in bookdrop: $5.00 per title
- Late Notices: Patron accounts will be charged cost of postage for each notice mailed.
- Museum Passes : $5.00 per day
Audio-visual drop box: Library patrons may return all media materials in the special audio-visual material drop box located outside the library entrance
In-Person renewals: Patrons need to present their library card or photo ID at the time of renewal.
Phone renewals: Patrons need to provide their 14-digit library card number when renewing by phone. Please note: Phone renewals need to be made during library hours, please do not leave your library card number on voicemail.
Online renewals: To renew online go to http://catalog.bccls.org/polaris select My Account (located on the top menu bar) enter your Library barcode/User name and PIN/Password where prompted. Select Items Out, when your list appears check the boxes next to the titles you want to renew, scroll down and click Renew These Items. Wait until the list reloads with the new date due. Log Out.
Maximum renewals – All Hoboken library materials can be renewed twice, although items on reserve or hold cannot be renewed.